It’s spring! Sun rays gently warm your skin. The days are growing longer while the mercury level rises. Be still our beating hearts! Camping lovers like us can hardly wait for that first drive of the year and the first holiday. We’ve put together a list of handy tips for you, showing you how you can make your Carado ready to hit the road when camping season arrives after the winter hibernation. Follow these tips and your first trip of the year is sure to be an absolute delight.
Even if you keep your motorhome outside during the winter, you should still give the interior a good initial airing out and check for any water damage or mould. Clean the motorhome using a slightly damp cloth, going over the surfaces, fridge and freezer compartment. Vacuum the furniture, rugs and mattresses. The windows and exterior could also do with a clean. We know, we know – it’s not the most fun job in the world, but you’ll end up with a nice clean motorhome where you’ll feel completely at home.
You’re now ready for the first outing of the year. Have a great trip!
First thing’s first: Are the MOT, gas testing and leak proofing certificates still valid? Checking the latter is really important if the water ingress warranty has already expired. You could also have everything checked professionally. Specialist garages check all the basics and change the oil if required.
• Check the body for any damage and any places where water could get in
• Clean acrylic windows with a special cleaning solution
• Clean the vehicle including wheel arches and underbody
• Clean out the flue for the heating
• Clean the fridge
• Check hoses and regulators are in good working order
• Check and clean the gas cylinder storage
• Clean and disinfect water tank and pipes
• Check the battery’s charge level
• Inspect doors and hatches
• Clean the rubber seals around doors and windows and grease them
• Oil door locks
• Check the leak proofing on the toilet
• Check tyre tread depth (minimum of 1.6 mm)
• Check the age of the tyres (replace tyres older than six years)
• Check tyre pressure with E-Pressure from MyCarado
• Check wheel nuts are tightly secured
• Inspect underbody
• Check levels for oil, coolant, brake fluid and screen wash and top them up if necessary
• Check headlights, brake, reverse and indicator lights are working properly
Enter your Postcode now and get in soon
Ich bin ein Tooltip.