Good to Know for You Good to Know for You

 Is it possible to finance a motorhome or camper van?

Whether it's financing, leasing or insuring Carado motorhomes: the attractive financing offers from ERWIN HYMER GROUP Finance provide you with countless options. Simply select your desired vehicle and we will take care of the rest. Find out more here: 

 What advantages does EHG-Guarantee offer me for used and new cars? 

If you want to sit back and relax while on holiday, you can now do so with the EHG new car warranty. This reliably protects you from unpleasant financial surprises after the end of the warranty period by providing comprehensive repair cost protection. Because even with perfect vehicles, later damage can unfortunately not be ruled out. So put your trust in the expertise of your dealer and the CarGarantie*. Find out more:

• Where can I get help with technical problems?

Your first point of contact for technical questions is your Carado dealer. If you get stuck there, please contact our technical customer service. You can help us by providing your chassis number. Technical customer service: Phone: +49 7524 999-360 Available: Mon. - Thurs.: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Fri.: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. E-mail: 
Information hotline for general questions: Phone: +49 75 61 9097-300 Available: Mon. - Fri.: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. E-mail: If you have any further questions, please contact us directly. We will process your enquiry as quickly as possible:

• When is the next inspection and when is the next gas test due?

Just like conventional cars, motorhomes also have to have their main inspection and exhaust emission test carried out regularly by the TÜV. You will find the due date of the next main inspection/gas test on your registration number and in the inspection documents of the TÜV. Motorhome owners are also obliged to have a gas test carried out every two years. For the main inspection of your motorhome, you need a valid gas test certificate for the gas system.

 Where can I find operating instructions for my vehicle?

When you take delivery of your Carado motorhome, you will receive a folder containing all the operating instructions and manuals - including those for the built-in electrical devices.  If you would like to have the operating instructions digitally or for vehicles from older model years, you can contact us via the contact form, stating the chassis number.

 I would like to travel abroad with my Carado. What traffic rules and regulations apply there?

85% of all motorhomes produced in Germany have a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 3.5 tonnes. For this majority of all motorhomes, the same speed limits apply as for passenger cars. Information on relevant speed limits for motorhomes over 3.5 t can be found on the following website: Information on speed limits. 

 How do I check whether my driving licence is sufficient for my desired motorhome or caravan?

Anyone who has a Class 3 driving licence, i.e. who obtained their licence before 1999, is allowed to drive motorhomes up to 7.5 t total mass. Anyone who has obtained a B driving licence from 1999 onwards may drive vehicles up to 3.5 t technically permissible total mass.  For vehicles with a maximum permissible gross weight of 3.5 to 7.5 t, the C1 driving licence has been required since 1999. There are different driving licence classes depending on the country. Please check on your driving licence which class you have. This determines which motorhome you are allowed to drive.

 What does "7-year leakproof guarantee" mean? 

The leakproof guarantee for Carado motorhomes since MY 20 is 7 years for all vehicles with an annual inspection by a contract partner.

 What is the mass in running order?

The mass in running order is determined in accordance with VO (EU) 1230 / 2012 (basic vehicle weight, 75 kg driver's weight, 90% filling of fuel tank), but taking into account the running load of the fresh water tank (20 litres), a filled aluminium glass bottle (15 kg) and a cable drum (4 kg).

 I have questions about the COC paper

COC papers have only been available for our vehicles since 2010. There are technical data sheets for all previous models, which are generally recognised. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service: Phone: +49 7524 999-360 Available: Mon. - Thurs.: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Fri.: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm E-Mail: 

 How does a charge booster work?

While driving, the living area battery is charged by the vehicle's alternator. Fluctuations in the charging current and a voltage drop between the alternator and the living area battery impair the performance of the living area battery. The charge booster is used to keep the charging current from the alternator constant and to compensate for any voltage drops.

 How long can you be self-sufficient with a camper van?

With a body battery, you can be self-sufficient for 1-2 days until the battery is empty. With a second body battery, the period is approximately 2-4 days. Please note that the duration is of course dependent on use. 

 Are there instruction videos for functions in the vehicle?

Yes, we have compiled instruction videos for you on Youtube. Find us on Youtube


Do you still have questions?
Do you still have questions?

Then contact us directly:

+49 75619097300

Monday to Friday
08:30 - 12:00
13:00 - 17:30

We are glad to be there for you!

Please note that this information is provided without guarantee and is intended only as a guide. We would like to point out that we do not assume any liability for the correctness or completeness of all information on this website.

Ich bin ein Tooltip.