Good to know Good to know

• Where can I get help with technical problems?

Your first point of contact for technical questions is your Carado dealer. If you get stuck there, please contact our technical customer service. You can help us by providing your chassis number. Technical customer service: Phone: +49 7524 999-360 Available: Mon. - Thurs.: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Fri.: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. E-mail:
Information hotline for general questions: Phone: +49 75 61 9097-300 Available: Mon. - Fri.: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. E-mail: If you have any further questions, please contact us directly. We will process your enquiry as quickly as possible.

 Where can I find operating instructions for my vehicle?

When you take delivery of your Carado motorhome, you will receive a folder containing all the operating instructions and manuals - including those for the built-in electrical devices.  If you would like to have the operating instructions digitally or for vehicles from older model years, you can contact us via the contact form, stating the chassis number.

 Where can I configure my dream vehicle?

You can find our interactive configurator here. Choose a motorhome that suits your personal requirements. In the final configuration step, you can have your complete configuration sent to you as a PDF by email or request your Carado configuration as a quote from your local dealer

 Are there instruction videos for functions in the vehicle?

Yes, we have compiled instruction videos for you on Youtube. Find us on Youtube!

• When is the next inspection and when is the next gas test due?

Just like conventional cars, motorhomes also have to have their main inspection and exhaust emission test carried out regularly by the TÜV. You will find the due date of the next main inspection/gas test on your registration number and in the inspection documents of the TÜV. Motorhome owners are also obliged to have a gas test carried out every two years. For the main inspection of your motorhome, you need a valid gas test certificate for the gas system.

 I would like to travel abroad with my Carado. What traffic rules and regulations apply there?

85% of all motorhomes produced in Germany have a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 3.5 tonnes. For this majority of all motorhomes, the same speed limits apply as for passenger cars. Information on relevant speed limits for motorhomes over 3.5 t can be found on the following website: Information on speed limits. 

 How do I check whether my driving licence is sufficient for my desired motorhome or caravan?

Anyone who has a Class 3 driving licence, i.e. who obtained their licence before 1999, is allowed to drive motorhomes up to 7.5 t total mass. Anyone who has obtained a B driving licence from 1999 onwards may drive vehicles up to 3.5 t technically permissible total mass.  For vehicles with a maximum permissible gross weight of 3.5 to 7.5 t, the C1 driving licence has been required since 1999. There are different driving licence classes depending on the country. Please check on your driving licence which class you have. This determines which motorhome you are allowed to drive.

 How long can you be self-sufficient with a camper van?

With a body battery, you can be self-sufficient for 1-2 days until the battery is empty. With a second body battery, the period is approximately 2-4 days. Please note that the duration is of course dependent on use. 


Do you still have questions?
Do you still have questions?

Then contact us directly:

Phone +49 75619097300 Monday to Friday 08:30 - 12:00 13:00 - 17:30 We are glad to be there for you!

Please note that this information is provided without guarantee and is intended only as a guide. We would like to point out that we do not assume any liability for the correctness or completeness of all information on this website.

Ich bin ein Tooltip.